I’m so sorry that it’s been radio silence since November–I worked my butt off for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month), and actually managed to complete it for only the second time ever–50,000 words in 30 days, which was a huge, crazy feat. One left me so exhausted and over writing absolutely anything, so I took December as a month off, swearing that I’d get right back on my feet for 2018–so here I am!
I’m going to start off my Book a Week challenge again, and do my very, very best to post a new review every Sunday night, as well as my Throwback Thursday mini review, so you’ve got a few different days during the week to look for content from me.
Books of 2017
I’m going to start out by saying that I really feel as if I read a dismal amount of books this year, probably between 30 and 40, with only about 25 of them being new books. This was pretty depressing, considering in high school I read over a hundred a year consistently. This year, 2018, I’m going to try and make it to sixty, therefore basically doubling my total from this year, and making it to over one book a week.
New Years Resolutions (Book Related):
- 60 books in 2018
- Keep a full, comprehensive book journal so I’ll have accurate numbers of how many books I read this year, and the page numbers, so I’ll have nice stats for New Years Day next year.
So now, without further ado, in order from best to worst, (most) of the new books (not re-reads) of 2017:
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
- Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
- The You I’ve Never Known by Ellen Hopkins
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinger
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Now I Rise by Keirsten White
- Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson
- The Reader by Traci Chee
- Three Dark Crowns (Books 1 & 2) by Kendare Blake
- Sea of Shadows Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
- Troy by Adele Geras
- Sweet Venom Trilogy by Tera Lynn Childs
- Scale by Keith Buckley
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- Verily, A New Hope (Shakespeare’s Star Wars) by Ian Doescher
- The Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa
- Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
- Incarceron (Books 1 & 2) by Catherine Fisher
- Crewel (Books 1 & 2) by Gennifer Albin
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- The Graces by Laure Eve
This was not an easy decision to make (the first two and the last three were the most difficult) but the best book of 2017 was officially The Black Witch, which I absolutely adored and cannot WAIT for the sequel coming out later this year. And my least favorite book of this year HAD to be The Graces by Laure Eve, no other book that I read made me quite so mad as this one (though I guess the author did her job in some respects, as she did draw me in enough in the last pages to get me to read the sequel that will drop this year).
I’m going to skip Throwback Thursday this week, as I’d like to start the new year off with a full one review, so I’ll see you all on Sunday, and here’s to a great year of books in 2018!